In recent years, the world has seen rapid growth in cloud adoption due to enhanced security, scalability, less cost, and high productivity. But the rules become more complex to understand and implement as you transmit from on-premise to cloud environments. Multiple factors, including security, cost, and resource access, may lead to chaos if not set up correctly. You can overcome all these issues by implementing a cloud governance framework.
What is Cloud Governance?
Cloud Governance is a collection of rules and protocols used to manage risks, enhance security, manage budget and compliance across the workloads in a cloud environment. Cloud Governance framework offers organizations complete control, better visibility, and access across the cloud resources.
Why is Cloud Governance important for successful cloud adoption?
Without proper implementation of the Cloud Governance framework, cloud adoption may become extremely expensive and challenging. Here are some of the benefits of using Cloud Governance:
- Resource Access: With the Cloud Governance framework, you can define access to your cloud assets by authorizing a particular department or user to access a set of services and data. It helps organizations secure sensitive architecture and data.
- Robust Security: Once you migrate to the cloud from on-premise, you must set up robust security measures to protect your data. Resources in the cloud do not have traditional firewalls like on-premise IT systems. It increases the chance of malicious attacks and data breaches. A cloud governance framework helps organizations identify potential security threats, weak areas, and how to secure their system.
- Cost Deduction: Cloud Governance frameworks use AI and ML to monitor and secure your system. You shift from analog to automated workflows by automating time-consuming manual processes. It reduces operational costs. You can also use policies to automate responses of different activities to reduce human resources requirements.
- Enhanced Compliance: Every organization needs to pass regular compliance assessments and audits. The Cloud Governance framework helps organizations prepare for regulations like PCI, HIPPA, GDPR, etc. It allows organizations to build every architecture according to pre-defined standards and processes.
- Productivity in team: Team members can work more productively with better visibility and clean access to resources. Most of the process will be automated, and you will need not worry much about the cost. It will increase the overall productivity of the organization.
So now you should have understood that proper implementation of a cloud governance framework will help your organization in – risk management, cost optimization, enhanced productivity, and robust security.